Winterizing Navion 24G
By Jeff Utschig October 30, 2019
- Level the Motorhome so that it drains properly.
- Drain Fresh Water Tank and Waterlines. Open all waterline drain valves and the fresh water tank drain. These valves are located outside in the “water service center.”
- Drain Exterior Shower and lay shower head on ground to drain.
- Place the tip of your finger into the city water inlet and gently press the backflow valve “button” in the center of the inlet to drain any water trapped in the inlet line.
Remove Water Filter
- Remove the Cold-Water Filter below kitchen sink and discard. Twist the filter cartridge “counter- clockwise” about one-quarter turn, then pull it down and out of the filter socket.
- Install the Diverter-Plug into the filter socket. Insert plug up into the filter socket as far as possible and twist “clockwise” one-quarter turn until it stops.
If Equipped with a 3M Cold Water Filter:
– Remove the Cold-Water Filter below kitchen sink and discard. Twist the filter cartridge “counter- clockwise” about one-quarter turn, then pull it down and out of the filter socket.
– Install the Diverter-Plug into the filter socket. Insert plug up into the filter socket as far as possible and twist “clockwise” one-quarter turn until it stops.
If Equipped with a Culligan Cold Water Filter:
– Remove the filter canister from the Cold Water Filtration System under the galley sink and discard the filter cartridge.
– After emptying the canister, remount it onto the filter assembly.
Drain Tankless Water Heater
- Turn off the Water Heater Power Switch, allow any water to cool down.
- Open the Pressure-Temperature Relief valve to prevent air locking while draining.
- Open the latch with your thumb while pulling the Easy Drain Lever down as far as it will go.
- Remove the water inlet filter and clean with clean water. Leave the water filter inlet removed until the Winterization process is complete or the system is placed back in use.
Set Up Winterization Valves / Filling Water Lines With Antifreeze
- Turn the water heater bypass valve, Winterization Valve 1, (located below the wardrobe access panel under grey flexible heat duct) to BY-PASS position. This will avoid filling water heater with antifreeze.
- Remove and save the white protective cap from the end of Winterization (diverter) Valve 2, in the outside water service compartment, with an “clear” antifreeze siphon tube.
- Insert the end of the siphon tube into 2 or 3 successive containers of non-toxic RV antifreeze.
- Turn Winterization Valve 2 (In the outside water service compartment) so that it points toward the clear siphon tube.
NOTE: Ensure that all outside drain valves, faucets and outside shower are CLOSED before pumping RV antifreeze into the water system.
Fill Lines with Antifreeze
- Turn the Water Pump “On”.
- Open each hot & cold-water faucet – one at a time – until antifreeze just begins to flow.
- Do not forget exterior shower station.
- Press the toilet electric wall switch and hold until antifreeze begins flowing into the toilet.
- Turn Winterization Valve 3 (below wardrobe access panel, near top/hall) from “Normal” to “Line Drain” position. This allows antifreeze to flow through the water heater recirculation line.
- Turn / close Winterization Valve 3 to normal when antifreeze starts to drain on ground below coach.
- Open low point drain lines in service center until they too run pink.
- Turn Water Pump switch OFF.
Valve Position After Adding Antifreeze
- Turn Winterization Valve 3 (behind wardrobe access panel) to “Water Heater & Line Drain” position to allow all remaining water and antifreeze to leave the system. Leave the valve in this position until the Winterization process is complete or the coach is back in use.
Before next use, remember that the Winterization Valve 3 and the Water Heater bypass valve are open
- Turn the Winterization Valve 2 (in outside service center) so it points toward the waterline connected to the water pump. This will stop the flow from the antifreeze siphon tube and revert the tank line flow to the water pump.
- Replace the white protective cap onto the end of the antifreeze siphon tube.
Fill Drainage System P-Traps
- Pour about one cup of RV antifreeze down each drain for the galley sink, lavatory sink, and shower/tub.
- Dump and flush black tank.
- Drain grey tank.
Your drainage and fresh water systems are now winterized.
|WATER SYSTEM DRAIN VALVE LOCATIONS|
|Model||System||Drain Valve Locations|
|24G||Waterlines||• Two (2) valves located in water service center.|
|Water Tank||• One (1) valve located in water service center.|
|Water Heater||• Tankless Water Heater – Drain from outside of coach behind service door. Pull down on the Easy Drain Lever and remove the Water Inlet Filter.|
|Winterization Valve 1||• Water Heater Bypass Valve – Remove the access panel in the wardrobe.|
|Winterization Valve 3||• Hot Water Recirculation Line Drain Valve for Tankless Water Heater Only – Remove the access panel in the wardrobe.|
|Winterization Valve 2||• Winterization (Antifreeze) Valve – Located in water service center (turn Winterization Valve 2 to “Winterize” position.|